Ordinary Goodness: The Surprisingly Effortless Path to Creating a Life of Meaning and Beauty
Welcome to The Nancy Ferrari Show! In this episode, I introduce you to my featured guest, Edward Viljoen. He is the New Thought Minister at the Center for Spiritual Living in Santa Rosa, CA,. He also is the author of his new book “Ordinary Goodness: The Surprisingly Effortless Path to Creating a Life of Meaning and Beauty”. Edward Viljoen shares that a complete and fulfilled life is comprised of garden-variety acts of kindness, faith, and compassion and we can create meaning and beauty in our lives and in the world.
Offering personal stories and practices to illustrate the ease of embracing a life centered on kindheartedness, Edward Viljoen demonstrates in his book:
• How caring about the ordinary things causes extraordinary life experiences
• Trust goodness in the face of life’s tragedies
• How ordinary kindness guides us to make important life choices
• How in moments of exasperation we sometimes lose our composure, and how that is nothing to be ashamed about.
Our discussion focused on our values. The ways to interrupt our knee-jerk reactions and practice mindfulness which is a positive anecdote to negativity.
Edward encourages us to practice being quieter and a better listener. This shifts us into compassion for each other. We all strive to live happy and fulfilled lives. This book reassures us that this is attainable and nothing extraordinary is required!
Words of Praise ~ “Viljoen brings an appealing, thoughtful calm to his exploration of the idea that Meister Eckhart expresses as ‘the light in the soul’. Viljoen advocates for ‘ordinary goodness’, something basic and natural that exists in all of us and is always accessible to us. He invites the reader to slow down, observe, and exercise practices of kindness, in addition to mindfulness, compassion, integrity, patience, and faith until they become a ‘welcome guest in us'” — Publishers Weekly Starred Review
My favorite quote ~ “WHAT WOULD GOODNESS HAVE ME DO?”
Edward Viljoen welcomes connection at Viljoen@PacBell.net
“Ordinary Goodness” is available at Barnes & Noble and Amazon
Set a complimentary discovery session with Nancy Ferrari here:
Latest posts by Nancy Ferrari (see all)
- Embrace Your DIVA Type with Stylist Biz Coach Jean Price - May 25, 2017
- Ignite the Passion of Midlife with Barbara Waxman - May 22, 2017
- The Unmumsy Mum with Award Winning Blogger Sarah Turner - May 18, 2017