Support Our Sponsors
Learn the Power of Mindfulness with the authors of “I AM HERE NOW”
Welcome to The Nancy Ferrari Show! In this episode, I introduce you to my featured guests, Alexandra Frey and Autumn Totton, who are the founders of The Mindfulness Project. The Mindfulness Project is a platform for teaching and spreading mindfulness, which is done through a center in London and internationally through a range of online programs. They are here to share their new book “I Am Here Now: A Creative Mindfulness Guide and Journal” which is referred to as a field guide for those struggling to break the habit of getting lost in their thoughts. They also share that even the smallest discoveries hold the potential to enrich our lives with insight, joy and meaning.
Within our conversation, Alexa and Autumn shared the importance of mindfulness, especially in this world of external noise and negative influences. In addition they suggested incorporating simple, yet effective, exercises to challenge your powers of observation, investigation, and cultivation and bring new awareness to your senses, thoughts, and emotions.
Within “I Am Here Now”, their book becomes your guide to explore your inherent creativity and the inspiration of each moment in a playful, curious and nonjudgmental way.
Examples of some tasks are:
- Page of Rage: Includes the Aggressive Scribble Box, Pencil Stab Point, and the Profanity Peak
- Emotion Maps: Color body maps to reflect where you feel different emotions
- Counting Your Way Home: Count the things you encounter on your way home (i.e. trees, steps)
- Hunger Graph: Discover whether your hunger is physical or emotional
- Ice Cube Meditation: Allow an ice cube to melt in your hand. Record the feelings and sensations.
All of which will enhance your ability to:
Observe, Recall, Make Connections, Annotate, Sketch, Color … and you can even make a mess! There’s no right or wrong!
Words of Praise:
“An essential guide to mindfulness, filled with tools and practices that can enhance our well-being” ~ Arianna Huffington
Set a complimentary discovery session with Nancy Ferrari here:
Latest posts by Nancy Ferrari (see all)
- Embrace Your DIVA Type with Stylist Biz Coach Jean Price - May 25, 2017
- Ignite the Passion of Midlife with Barbara Waxman - May 22, 2017
- The Unmumsy Mum with Award Winning Blogger Sarah Turner - May 18, 2017