Ignite the Passion of Midlife with Barbara Waxman
Welcome to The Nancy Ferrari Show! In this episode, I introduce you to my guest, Barbara Waxman. She is a gerontologist and leadership coach in addition to an author and speaker. Her insights are illuminating a crucial stage in our personal and professional lives: Middlescence.
Certified by both the International Coach Federation and The Hudson Institute, Barbara holds Masters Degrees in both Administration and Gerontology and is a Wexner Heritage Foundation Fellow. Barbara blogs for Huff/Post 50, NextAvenue, Forbes.com, and VibrantNation. Her work has been featured in SmartMoney.com, Fortune, Newsday, U.S. News & World Report, AARP The Magazine, and more.
In consulting and coaching, she brings personal and professional distinguishes Barbara’s work.
Originally from New York, Barbara lives in Northern California. In 2015 she and her husband, Scott, spent the year “repotting”in Italy. Barbara’s community involvement includes work with various non-profits including SHE-CAN and Beyond Differences.
Between ages 45 and 65, right when we should be embracing life at the peak and taking advantage of our hard-earned wisdom, we often find ourselves tangled in questions about where we’ve been and what’s next. With her new book “The Middlescence Manifesto: Igniting the Passion of Midlife”, she shows how this new life stage can be a powerful period of self-actualization in addition to an invaluable opportunity to reset our goals, our strategies, and our sense of what really matters. In adolescence, we all experienced a major transition in who we were and how we saw the world.
In Middlescence, we encounter another major change, but this time we can marshal the wisdom and wherewithal to take full advantage of the promise of this life stage. As one of the foremost gerontologist coaches in the United States, Barbara is known for inspiring clients and listeners with insights so that they can be effective in planning for themselves and their leadership at home, at work, and in their communities.
Within our conversation, Barbara shares some insights about living within our life stage of Middlescence:
1. Learn to manage your energy in the time you have. Within her book, she provides The Thriving Quiz which provides a comprehensive assessment of the pivotal areas in our lives that help up manage our energy, where we are succeeding and where there is room for growth.
2. Don’t get stuck on purpose. The well-known statement “the purpose of life is a life of purpose” has the potential to stress us out. When we’re motivated by something greater than a paycheck, our lives become more meaningful.
3. Ignite a Middlescent Revolution. This is a time period that is ripe with power and potential and has the power to revolutionize our lives.
To learn more about Barbara, please visit her site http://www.barbarawaxman.com/TheMiddlescenceFactor.
You can also find her on Facebook at:
Set a complimentary discovery session with Nancy Ferrari here:
Latest posts by Nancy Ferrari (see all)
- Embrace Your DIVA Type with Stylist Biz Coach Jean Price - May 25, 2017
- Ignite the Passion of Midlife with Barbara Waxman - May 22, 2017
- The Unmumsy Mum with Award Winning Blogger Sarah Turner - May 18, 2017