Thank You To Our Sponsors
Get Back To Work
On this episode of Connecting People, Changing Lives Caren and Nancy speak with Melissa Washington, a Navy Veteran, small business owner, speaker, who specializes in training for individuals and organizations on LinkedIn and author of Get Back to Work: Smart & Savvy Strategies for Making your Next Career Move.
She was laid off from her job in 2009 due to a failing economy, marking the beginning of a nearly two-year journey and career reinvention that allowed her to use her passion for helping others. It all started with holding LinkedIn workshops for job seekers at her dining room table and has since exploded into what her business is today.
She is the Executive Director of Active Job Seekers of America (ASJA) based in Sacramento, California, Founder of Women Veterans Alliance and very active in Veteran and Women organizations both locally and nationally.
Some of the things we talk about:
1. Taking care of yourself in career transition
2. Building your brand
3. Offline and Online Networking
Tips on getting started with LinkedIn
- Sign up for an account here: www.LinkedIn.com
- Use a profession photo
- Complete your profile
Check out Melissa’s website here: www.MelissaWashington.com
For more shows: http://www.ConnectingPeopleChangingLives.com
Latest posts by Caren Glasser (see all)
- Are You Too Old to Feel Great? - August 2, 2017
- The Little White Lie: How to Be the Best Version of Yourself! - July 25, 2017
- 5 Steps to Finding Happiness Every Day at Any Age - July 20, 2017