As we are reminded by many outside influences and sources that we are living within a time of massive global shift, I choose to focus on how we shift through transitions within our own lives.
Do we try to shift and shape ourselves to conform to other’s expectations or demands, or do we reset our mindset inward in order to connect with our core essence to be in alignment with our core beliefs, values and truth? I can relate with all women who are a wife, mom, daughter, employee, and within any one of these proverbial hats, there is the capacity to feel out of balance and powerless. I realized along the journey of my life, that I needed to apply focus to all aspects of mind/body/spirit to achieve balance in my life. Allow me to share a few simple yet powerful tips to help you reconnect with YOU ~
- Be Intentional. You have the choice to design your life to live in balance. Mornings are an especially good time to devote to setting intentions for your day and adding gratitudes is a bonus as with gratitude, infinite possibilities await as you set your intention. When you are intentional, you are more empowered with your choices and decisions.
- Implement Meditation/Stillness. This is your time to set aside for you to clear the clutter in your mind which allows you to deepen your connection with yourself. Mindfulness meditation is something you can accomplish effectively in only 8 minutes and I offer a great resource within www.8Minutes.org where you can implement this process instantly.
- Shift your Mindset. As we are bombarded with information that has the capacity to take us off center, feeling helpless as we see people who are suffering, worrying about the economy, etc., the capacity to become immersed in all the problems in the world creates a feeling of frustration and even depression. Shifting into how you can be in service to others will create a ripple effect that will go on and on to others. As Ghandi said so well … “be the change you want to see in the world”. I share this as an example, which is in alignment with my place in the world as I send love and light and know that it will land exactly where it’s supposed to be received. Be inspired to begin a movement, connect with community and once again, the ripple effect will occur.
- Begin Journaling. Even if you aren’t a writer, you have much to share within you and writing is a very powerful tool to release what’s within you. The therapeutic benefits are fabulous as you are releasing energy as you take your pen to paper. I highly recommend writing rather than typing as the outcome is that of releasing what may be lingering within, holding you back with what you’d like to experience in life and see your life with a new point of view. I also recommend writing in a gratitude journal which is wonderful to look back to read how you’ve evolved on your path in life. One more suggestion is an accomplishment journal which I write in every night to remind myself of what I did accomplish versus what I did not. Imagine how much better you will sleep when you feel good about yourself and that you’ve done your very best within a day.
- Believe in the Power of YOU! Anchor in the belief that there is no one else like you and make time to remember the unique qualities about you that are a gift to the world. Resist the urge to compare your life to others for we can only assume what they are experiencing in life, and much of what we see is an illusion. When you focus on a higher level of consciousness, you will realize that we are all one, and when we shine our light on others, the light comes back to us.
I encourage you to also set aside time to spend in nature which is where we activate our senses of touch, smell, hear, taste and feel all the beauty that surrounds us.
We need not look too far for our state of bliss, for it can be right in your own backyard!
Enjoy the journey ~
Latest posts by Nancy Ferrari (see all)
- Embrace Your DIVA Type with Stylist Biz Coach Jean Price - May 25, 2017
- Ignite the Passion of Midlife with Barbara Waxman - May 22, 2017
- The Unmumsy Mum with Award Winning Blogger Sarah Turner - May 18, 2017