Today on this 5FOR5 periscope, Caren Glasser gives you 5 tips on getting found on YouTube
How To Get Found On YouTube
You can leverage the power of video to get people’s attention and win customers and fans. There is usually not just one factor alone that will be responsible for your video getting more visibility. For the most of us You-tubers, your views will come from all over the web, not just from one source. Some will come directly from YouTube and some will come from other sites so be willing to spread your efforts and you will get the views you’re chasing. Remember, the more effort you put in, the more you get out
Here are 5 tips to help make your YouTube video get found:
1. Write An Interesting & Descriptive Title For Your Video. The words in your title determine how YouTube lists your video in the search results when someone performs a search. Usually, one or two word titles are not enough and seem boring and don’t give a clear explanation to the viewer. Instead of writing “soccer” as the title, write a more detailed one such as “Playing Soccer at Garden Square Stadium”. Another point is to capitalize the first letter of every word in the title. This makes it stand out more so people are more likely to click on your video over someone else’s.
2. Write A “Descriptive” Description. Your description doesn’t need to be very long. On average just a paragraph or two explaining the contents of your video and any details about it you want viewers to know about it. Also, you should try to contain your “keywords” (words that when people search for will find your video) in this area. Adding “keywords” into your description (as with the title) is very important for your video coming up in the search results. And most importantly, don’t forget to include a call to action.
3. Add Keywords In Your Tags. you’ll want to add as many relevant keywords in here that you want. You don’t need to go overboard here.A good number is about 5 to 10 keywords. Anything more than that and you’ll look spammy. Separate your tags with spaces. This whole thing about “keywords” and “tags” and getting your video to show up in the top of the search engines (YouTube and Google) is related to the big picture of internet marketing and SEO (search engine optimization).
4. Custom Image and playlist. Don’t forget to add a custom image and to add it to your playlist of other similar videos
5. Get Subscribers To Your YouTube Channel. The more videos you have uploaded and live on your channel the better. Keep your videos all related to one topic. Consistency is key. The best way though to get subscribers is to ask viewers to subscribe. Just like asking for your viewers to LIKE your video or comment, you can ask them to subscribe.
Get a checklist of these 5 Tips and 5 more tips to help you get more visibility on YouTube: Top 10 YouTube Checklist
For more #5FOR5 shows: http://sparkitnetwork.com/periscope
Follow me on Twitter to get notifications! @carenglasser
Set up a complimentary strategy call:
Latest posts by Caren Glasser (see all)
- Are You Too Old to Feel Great? - August 2, 2017
- The Little White Lie: How to Be the Best Version of Yourself! - July 25, 2017
- 5 Steps to Finding Happiness Every Day at Any Age - July 20, 2017